It was TWO years ago today, that I ventured to the grocery store with a fistful of coupons... for the very first time!
Sure, previously I had shopped with coupons... less than the number of fingers that I have on one hand (that's 4... wink) per shopping trip, but I was getting geared up for THE BIG LEAGUES OF COUPON SPENDING! I wanted the BIG savings... and I was determined to figure out this coupon spending stuff for myself and my family!
I'd been wowed a few months earlier, while purchasing all of the fixings for a Thanksgiving dinner for a local family though the Salvation Army, with my Life Group. We spent $50 and coupons (thanks to my BFF Alissa) and we were able to purchase $150 worth of groceries for our adopted family! That's when my obsession set in!
Unfortunately, I was 37 weeks pregnant at the time of our awesome Life Group shopping trip, but over the course of the next several months, I read all that I could find on the Internet for learning to spend coupons! I've come a long way!
Before I began spending coupons "hard core" (aka: stockpiling), our family would spend between $125 -$150/week for food and to run our household... minus diapers, as we were gifted several months worth when my son was born.
After two years of learning the coupon spending 'ropes,' (yep, I'm still learning!), I have been able to limit our grocery/household spending to $50/week... including diapers this time!
The time and weekly Sunday paper expenses are undeniably worth their investments!
I've decided to share ALL of my FREE item coupons with one lucky winner, in honor of my TWO YEARS worth of savvy spending! I've decided that they would be far more beneficial to another coupon spender's budget!
$50+ in FREE item coupons include: 1 package of Huggies diapers, Kraft cheese, (2) Yoplait multi packs, Digiorno pizza, Excedrin, Oreo Cakesters, Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls, Box of Kashi cereal, Uncrustables and Sugardale bacon.
*Shopping is way more fun when you walk away with freebies!!!
Here's how to enter: (be sure to heighten your chances of winning by entering more than once!) *If you are reading this post in your email or through a feed reader, please leave your comments on this blog post instead of in my email! Thanks!
1. Sign up to become a FOLLOWER of Sharpen Your Scissors, this is the most sincere form of flattery to a blogger!
2. If you are already a Sharpen Your Scissors FOLLOWER than flaunt your follower status and share how long you've been following Sharpen Your Scissors!
3. For each friend/family member/co-worker/neighbor that you recruit to become a FOLLOWER of Sharpen Your Scissors you will receive another entry to win!
(Make sure to enter separately for each person!!!)
4. Share a short story of the coolest (or one of the coolest) things that someone has ever done for you! In my opinion, coupon spending is all about taking care of your family and those around you... paying it forward! For me personally, I was blown away by all of the love, support and delicious meals that we received after my son was born! Coupon spending allows me to (inexpensively) prepare meals for others in need!
5. Link this page to your blog, Facebook page or Tweet about this give away! (I'm @mrsdavewebber on Twitter!) Then let me know that you've put out your broadcast!
The WINNER of the $50+ in FREE item coupons will selected via Random.org, Thursday 3.4.10 at NOON!